Destination Medicine

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Houston, We Have an Interview!

All the waiting, and finally, UT-Houston sent an email giving me three dates to select from for an interview. The email starts out "Dear Future Physician." I got goose bumps! Now I have to find something to wear. I also have to change my mantra that I use when someone asks "So what kind of doctor do you want to be?" I decided to start with short term goals: I want to do well in Organic I; I want to do well in Organic II; I want to do well on the MCAT; I want an interview from a medical school. Now I can move to I want to be accepted into medical school. The path has been so long, but I am really excited about it. It makes this day easier to get through. Nineteen years ago, my dad died on this day. It is nice to be able to say I got an interview today. Dad is looking down and smiling.

I have been lurking on the Student Doctor Network and posted that I had an interview. It is amazing the range of emotions that I would go through as I started to see more and more postings. I admit it, I was jealous. I tried to fight that back with thoughts about how qualified those people are and they are just as nervous and anxious as I am. I love being older and being able to pinpoint how I feel and why. Life is less mysterious, but more fun.

Now I have to find a suit that makes me look good. That's what credit cards are for, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home