Destination Medicine

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Houston, We Have a MCAT score!

Friday around 2pm the scores were posted. I had left the kids next door at my mom's and went to check email, do a few household things and decided to check early. It took longer to load, so I got suspicious and sat there. Verbal 10, Physical Science 12 and Biological Science 12. I had gotten a 34 on the MCAT. I ran as fast as I could over to my mom's over the rain slick path and yanked open the door and screamed "I got a 34" I think the kids started to cry, mom hugged me and then I called my husband. I nearly blew out his eardrums! Then I began the cycle of I am going to puke or cry. And calling my friends and supporters. It was a whole lot easier to call with good news. Mom and Steven both said they were confident that I had done well. I still can't believe it. Hakeem Olajuwon, Earl Campbell and Nolan Ryan and now my MCAT score, Houston's #34's!

I subsequently finished applying to schools. I applied to five - the four UT schools - Houston, Galveston, San Antonio and Dallas as well as Baylor College of Medicine. I know that I should probably applied to more, but finances limit that, as well as a strong desire to stay in Texas. I just hope that I get interviewed! That is the next thing to wait on!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home