Destination Medicine

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stitch in Time

I have placed a stitch in a live human being. And under the VERY close eye of a resident who helped me along, it looked pretty good. It is just crazy to think that I can walk into an ER in this case to shadow someone and get to come out of the shadow and do something. Along those lines, I really like emergency medicine. I think I could do that and enjoy it. I have not seen the truly horrible and tragic, I must admit, but what I have seen has really made me put it higher on my list of possibilities. The ER at Memorial Hermann in the Texas Medical Center is an amazing place. I saw Dr. Red Duke in the ER and after he left, all the doctors were telling amusing anecdotes about what they had seen him do for patients. Just a legend. I bumped into him again today with my red-headed daughter and he commented about her hair and then explained why it is red, the genetic background, the importance of sunscreen and what happens as red-heads age all in the span of about 30 seconds as he waited for the elevator. He is a great Aggie!

With the kids being on spring break, I have continued my own break into this week. I will have to stop that really soon and get back on the studying wagon. Two more blocks and I can finish up for the semester and enjoy sleeping a little more. But I have to be honest with myself, that probably won't happen.

But if you need a stitch placed, I can tell you about some really great people who can do that for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home