Destination Medicine

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I am not dead.

September? September? I last posted then? It is December. How did that happen? And why, am I taking the time now to post? I guess I am tired of looking at my crummy drawings of biochem pathways and histology structures. Even though we have 2.5 weeks of tests starting Thursday. I just needed a break. I am completely terrified of this round of tests. I managed to scrape by the first, extra-fortified (thank you Ike) round of tests, but not with much wiggle room. So, back to looking at things that look vaguely familiar but will be tested in the most minute detail in a couple of days. We are done with dissection and I am so happy that is done. Now I just have to pass the class so I don't have to do that again. I was a horrible group mate, mainly reading and squeamishly holding something every now and again. Except for the fact I some how managed to saw her head in half. Go figure. I will NEVER be a surgeon. My tankmates were great at detail work. I didn't feel like I could tell anything apart and was terrified to destroy the most important structure, only to be ridiculed.

I have developed somewhat of a rythem of quasi-balance for home and studying. I try to get to school really early and then study and go home and be mommy in the evening and maybe cram in a little more info before bed. Doesn't always work, but I try. Steven, mom, the in-laws and the kids have been so supportive it is amazing. I have to pay back their sacrifice by doing well. Or at least passing.

I will be perfectly honest, there probably won't be any posts until the end of December, after tests, during that brief moment when I can come up for air. Oh well, I did choose this. And boy am I glad I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home